We understand that we are living in uncertain times right now, so to help you have peace of mind when booking a stay with us at Let’s Glamp Retro, we have created our Coronavirus Booking Guarantee. This provides you with a risk-free guarantee, that when you book a stay with us it is protected.
Safe and Secure
Please find details of the guarantee below. We recognise each case is likely to be unique, and if you have any specific questions regarding your situation please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and Conditions: The details
The Coronavirus Booking Guarantee applies to all existing and new 2022 bookings made before the 16th of July 2022.
In the event of:
- Site closure due to Coronavirus restrictions
- You are unable to travel due to sickness and/or isolation due to the Coronavirus pandemic
- Restrictions on travel (local or national) due to the Coronavirus pandemic dictated by the UK, Welsh or Irish Governments
We guarantee at any point within the ‘Guarantee Window of Change’ (between 21 days and 5 days prior to arrival), you can:
- Transfer your holiday to new dates in 2022/23, you will not be charged an amendment fee, by simply emailing us with your arrival date in the subject line.
- Request for your booking to be moved onto a voucher if you don’t know your new dates, where we will issue you with a voucher for the amount paid and apply to your original booking payment against a future holiday, again free of charge.
- Cancel your booking and receive a full refund by emailing email@example.com your arrival date in the subject line.
We aim to process refunds within 21 days of your arrival date.
It is your responsibility to comply with all relevant Government regulations, be that from the UK, Welsh or Irish Governments, which are applicable to your stay.
If a Let’s Glamp Retro guest is known not to comply, they will be required to leave the site. Therefore, if you are impacted by lockdown restrictions or any government-imposed 10-14-day self-isolation or restricted movement requirements that coincide with your stay, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and Conditions:
- The ‘Guarantee Window of Change` allows any transfer or cancellation within the period of 21 days and 5 days prior to arrival.
- Should UK/Welsh Government advice significantly change in the 5 days prior to arrival, we will reactivate the Guarantee for you.
- It is your responsibility to comply with all relevant Government regulations, be that from the UK, Welsh or Irish Governments, which are applicable to your stay. If a Let’s Glamp Retro guest is known not to comply, they will be required to leave the site. Therefore, if you are at all impacted by lockdown restrictions or any government-imposed 14-day self-isolation or restricted movement requirement that coincide with your stay, please email email@example.com
- All other booking terms and conditions remain unchanged.
- If you choose to amend your holiday to different dates, should your new holiday be cheaper than your existing booking, you can choose to use the difference as part payment for a future holiday or have it refunded.
- Should your new holiday be more expensive; you will need to pay the difference – but you will not need to pay this until the balance is due.
- If you choose to cancel your holiday, you can only do this by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We aim to review and process refunds within 21 days of your arrival date.
- The Coronavirus Guarantee is available until further notice.
- The voucher is valid for 12 months from the date issued.
- Once a booking has been cancelled it will no longer be possible to be reinstated and rebooking will be at the new current price.
These are in addition to the standard Booking Terms and Conditions.
To enjoy your holiday at Let’s Glamp Retro we have prepared these T’s & C’s and general information to enable you to have a safe and enjoyable stay.
TERMS/CONDITIONS and INFORMATION for Let’s Glamp Retro
LEGAL DISCLAIMER ~
The contract entered into is between Let’s Glamp Retro and you the person making the actual booking – who must be over 21 years old. The person named on the booking must be staying in the accommodation and not booking for a third party. Throughout, Queen, Madonna & Beatles may be referred to as ‘The LodgePods’.
This contract is for a short-term holiday let only. By continuing with the booking and paying the deposit this contract becomes effective and we assume you have read all information fully and agree to our terms and conditions, including our hot tub) and BBQ Hut rules of use where applicable). PLEASE NOTE BBQ HUT MAY BE UNAVAILABLE DUE TO COVID 19 RESTRICTIONS).
BOOKINGS and PAYMENT ~
T’s&C’s with regard to Covid-19 – 1/11/2020
Please note – Our properties cannot be used to self-isolate if unwell or if on 2 weeks isolation if coming from abroad.
Unfortunately staying on or asking for additional days to stay on is not permitted. If you become unwell with Covid symptoms prior to arrival, during your stay or within 2 weeks of departure please email/call us immediately.
For bookings from 04/1/21 – We require a 25% non-refundable deposit to be paid at the time of booking, the full balance is then due 30 days before arrival. Our cancellation policy is as stated below. Let’s Glamp Retro reserves the right to cancel a holiday where full payment has not been received in accordance with these terms, we will also request to have any charges paid if any are incurred due to or because of a missed or declined payment. For your peace of mind, we highly recommend you take out insurance.
- Book Direct benefits are only available to bookings made through letsglampretro.com or on the phone with ourselves. Bookings made via third parties are not eligible for these offers.
- Any discount codes must be used at the time of booking and cannot be applied once the booking has been made.
GIFT VOUCHERS – Gift vouchers are available to purchase in any amount and can be used in any of our LodgePods. The total value can be used in full or part payment towards a stay with us. Voucher has no monetary value and cannot be exchanged for cash. No change can be given for a voucher that is not used in full. Vouchers can only be used on our website and are not redeemable on third party sites.
SECURITY DEPOSIT ~
The security deposit needs to be authorised at least 24 hours prior to arrival and may delay your check-in if it has not been pre-authorised.
£200 will be ‘held’ on your card by our payment system ‘Stripe’ at the start of your holiday, the money will not leave your account except in the very unlikely case that we are forced to make a claim on it.
Our booking system will email you before your arrival prompting you to complete the authorisation, this can either be done by yourself using the link provided or we can manually authorise this (using the card you used when booking) on the morning of your arrival. If there are insufficient funds or the card/bank fails to authorise this we will contact you to arrange an alternative prior to check-in. Check-in may be delayed if the security deposit has not been authorised. A cash security deposit can be given upon arrival but this will be returned back to your card or by bank transfer within 7 days of your departure, we will not return cash upon departure as this does not give us sufficient time to do the necessary checks. The £200 security deposit must be paid along with your final balance 14 days before arrival and will be returned within 7 days of departure.
The security deposit is then released within 7 days of your departure assuming your accommodation is left as you found it. We reserve the right to retain part or all of this payment should any damage occur to our property or site during your stay.
Any excessive cleaning that is required above what we expect as normal may also be charged for.
Un-arranged late check out will also be charged for at a charge of £20 per hour or part hour after the agreed departure time.
The price of the accommodation includes electricity for the LodgePod, bed linen and towels. Should the optional wood-fired hot tub be ordered then a supply of wood will be included ready for the first heating. Extra wood can be purchased if required. Please bring your own beach towels as we do not allow our towels to be taken off-site.
2 small/medium or 1 large dog are permitted in our LodgePods and must be declared on the booking. Pets are NOT permitted on the furniture/sofas. You are requested to bring your own dog bed. Dogs must NOT be left alone on the property at any time. You are responsible for your dog at all times and we request that you don’t allow them to run freely without close supervision. There is a large pond on-site and a stream that flows through the various points in the field. We request that you do not allow dogs to enter the pond as this will disrupt the wildlife that live here. Please be aware that guests staying in our other LodgePods may also have a dog. A stake and cable are provided outside your LodgePod to enable your dog to have a large area to roam whilst not able to stray too far. Please always clean up after your dogs, poo bags are provided in your LodgePod and a bin in the Utility area.
CANCELLATION and INSURANCE ~
By making your booking our agreement is a legal contract. If you wish to cancel your booking the following charges apply (% is of total break cost):
– 25% deposit is non-refundable at any time.
– For any amendments to your booking (i.e. date change) a £25 admin fee will apply.
– less than 2 weeks before the start date of your stay we are unable to refund the cost of your holiday.
– In the event that the UK/Welsh Government should impose any further Covid-19 travel restrictions any monies paid are not refundable but we will transfer your stay to suitable alternative dates within one year of your original stay.
In the unlikely event that WE have to cancel your booking, we will refund the full cost of your booking. Our liability would not extend beyond this refund.
We are unable to refund any monies paid in the event of a Force Majeure.
We strongly recommend that you take out holiday insurance.
NON-AVAILABILITY OF ACCOMMODATION ~
We reserve the right, in the interest of safety or any other reason beyond our control to cancel or alter arrangements made for you. In this very unlikely event, we guarantee to return to you any payments you have made to us, including your deposit. Our liability would not extend beyond this refund.
Electric Vehicle Charging
Unfortunately, at the present time our site does not have the capacity for EV charging.
We do not allow charging of vehicles from a 13A domestic socket as this is considered dangerous as likely to take from 8 hours to over 24 hours, by which time the plug and socket invariably become more than a little ‘warm’. Our site insurance does not allow for this. Trailing extension leads from the doors or windows is not permitted for any reason. Any guests violating this may be asked to leave the site. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO MAKE A CHARGE VIA YOUR SECURITY DEPOSIT. The nearest EV point is found from the following website
GUEST NUMBERS ~
Under no circumstances may any more than the number of guests on the booking form occupy the accommodation. Guests are NOT permitted to interchange throughout the stay unless by prior agreement before the booking is made.
Queen and Madonna max 4 adults and 2 children (under 16). Beatles sleeps a maximum of 4 adults/children. You will be asked to leave immediately with no refund if the accommodation exceeds this for any reason. Bedding and towels will only be provided for the numbers on the booking.
Name and address of the person booking/staying must be given at the point of booking and is non-transferable. We reserve the right to refuse or revoke bookings from parties, which may in our opinion prove unsuitable as a result of their behaviour or otherwise in our LodgePod accommodation or does not comply with the terms and conditions.
Your accommodation will be available to you between 4:30 pm and 8 pm on the day of arrival. We may not be able to accommodate you if you arrive outside of these times. Check out on the day of departure is between 8 and 9:30 am. (Charges will be incurred for late check out).
CARE OF THE PROPERTY, EQUIPMENT and YOURSELVES ~
By booking and coming to Let’s Glamp Retro you agree to be responsible for your children and animals and children or animals in your care, and your own welfare and to take all reasonable precautions against personal injury, injury to others and damage to facilities and LodgePods.
Children and animals must be supervised at all times.
When using the Aquaforno cooking system/wood burning hot tub or BBQ Hut, please ensure children and dogs are closely supervised at all times. We do not accept responsibility for any injury caused when using the Aquaforno, wood-burning hot tub or any equipment supplied.
Please do not leave the Aquaforno or wood-burning hot tub unattended at any time and ensure it is fully out when you have finished using it.
All contents and equipment must be left clean and tidy on departure and fridge and bins emptied. Any damages or breakages in the property are the responsibility of you and the members of your party that have caused the damage/breakage. The cost is payable upon demand and subject to any incurred losses, not limited to the loss of rental, interest, and other consequential charges as may be incurred by Let’s Glamp Retro. Minor breakages are not usually charged for being reasonable wear and tear but we request that you inform us of any breakages before departure.
We operate a NO SMOKING POLICY throughout our accommodation and BBQ Hut, this includes vaping. In the event of any member of your party breaching this, we will make a charge for additional cleaning and damage caused as a result.
We do not allow any candles, incense, or other highly scented products to be used in our accommodation.
SITE INFORMATION ~
There is a large pond, natural spring source and streams on-site, please ensure children and dogs are supervised at all times with this in mind. We ask that you do not enter the spring area at all (opposite the utility cabin) as it can be extremely wet and boggy. We also ask that no one enters the pond or throws stones etc into it, to protect the wildlife that live there.
You are free to roam the entire area of our site however, we cannot guarantee that the boundaries are secure. There are ditches that are sometimes difficult to see and uneven ground. You are welcome to roam the fields but please take care while you are familiarising yourself. Please do not climb over any boundary fences. Do not allow children or dogs to chase or worry the animals in adjoining fields in any way. Stress can cause animals to abort their young if they are carrying.
We ask that you respect other guests and our neighbours by not playing loud music or making excessive noise at any time.
Our accommodation is not suitable for hen/stag parties.
RIGHT OF ENTRY ~
The owners of Let’s Glamp Retro reserve the right to enter the accommodation at any reasonable time for the purpose of emergency repairs should they become necessary. They will obviously respect your right to privacy and confidentiality and accommodate any reasonable request as to timing or arrangements in this. The accommodation must be securely locked when you and the members of your party are out and care taken not to expose the property to any fire risk or other risk such as flooding. The owners reserve the right to retake possession of the accommodation at any time for any reasonable reason in particular misconduct has arisen in or around the accommodation.
Additional accommodation (i.e., tent or campervan is not permitted).
The owners of the property make every effort to describe it fairly but also anticipate possible changes. All information published is given in good faith and is correct at the time of publication, but the owners cannot be held responsible for changes beyond their control or which may become known after publication without reasonable opportunity for updating literature/information. Some artefacts may have to be removed from time to time due to Covid 19 restrictions.
We do not accept liability for any damages, loss or injury to any member of your party or any vehicles or possessions unless proven to be caused by a negligent act by ourselves or contractors whilst acting in the course of employment.
Electricity and water are included in the price of your stay, WIFI is available free of charge. In the case of a fault/disruption with a supply of utilities from outside providers we cannot be held responsible and will not be liable for compensation. Although we will do our best to liaise with the appropriate companies and keep you informed.
COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE ~
You must inform the owners immediately if a problem arises and every effort will be made to rectify it as soon as possible so that you can enjoy the rest of your holiday. In the event of a breakdown of domestic appliances, plumbing, wiring, or any unforeseen occurrence or circumstance the owners will not be required to pay compensation of any kind.
Please note that we will not accept responsibility for any matter of which you are aware of but do not bring to our attention during your stay.
We reserve the right to update our terms and conditions as appropriate and without notice.
WOOD FIRED HOT TUBS ~
The wood-fired hot tub requires you to fill the tub up with water, then light the fire to heat the water up. This process takes between 3-5 hrs. The fire is prepared for use, you just need to light and maintain it. Full instructions are left for you to follow. Once filled the tub has a 5-hour window of use. The tub/fire will be emptied and cleaned once a day ready for you to use it again. We supply enough wood for the hot tub (included in the price of your stay, unless stated otherwise) to maintain the fire for the advised amount of time if the fire is run sensibly. If you require more wood it can be purchased on site.
HOT TUB RULES OF USE
- If you are pregnant please seek the advice of your midwife before using the hot tub.
- Persons with heart disease, diabetes, low or high blood pressure, or any serious illness should not enter the hot tub without prior consultation with their doctor.
- People with skin, ear, genital or other body infections, open sores, or wounds should not use the hot tub because of the possibility of spreading infection.
- The heat of the hot tub water speeds up the effects of alcohol and can cause sleepiness, dizziness and unconsciousness.
- Never use the hot tub while using or after using narcotics or other drugs that may cause sleepiness, drowsiness or raise/lower blood pressure.
- Children under the age of 12 are not permitted to use the hot tub. Children do not regulate their temperature in the same way adults too and could overheat more quickly than an adult.
- Children over the age of 12 may use the hot tub under constant supervision of an adult and should be limited to 5 mins in the tub.
- The hot tub is provided for relaxation purposes and is not meant for children to ‘play, jump or swim’ in. Strictly no jumping or excessive splashing. If the water drops below the top pipe significant damage will be caused to the wood fire. If this happens, we will seek to recover replacement costs.
- You should limit your time in the hot tub to a maximum of 15 minutes as extending this time can affect your inner organs and cause fever-like conditions.
- Shower with soap and water before and after using the hot tub.
- When the tub is not in use please make sure the cover is on fully.
- We advise that you don’t use the hot tub alone.
- Avoid using the hot tub immediately after a heavy meal
- Take care when entering and leaving the hot tub. When leaving the hot tub leg muscles may be relaxed enough to make you unsteady.
- Avoid entering the hot tub water immediately after exercising as the water temperature can affect the heart rate.
- Never use glass near/in the hot tub as broken glass can cause a risk to people in barefoot and is very difficult to see within the hot tub water. Plastic drinkware is provided in your LodgePod.
- Take care on the decking by the hot tub as water from the tub can cause it to be slippery.
- Do not use any electrical appliances near/in the hot tub.
- No dogs allowed in the hot tub at any time.
- If any allergic reaction occurs leave the hot tub and rinse off in the shower. If the reaction persists please let us know as soon as possible.
- If any fault or damage occurs with the hot tub stop using it and please contact us at the earliest convenient moment.
- Ensure no contaminants ie. bubble bath, alcohol, oils etc are placed in the water as this can upset the natural balance of the water.
- Do not use the hot tub if you have had diarrhoea within the last 14 days.
- If any extra cleaning above and beyond what we expect from normal usage is needed we reserve the right to ask for the cost of this to be covered.
- Take care when near the wood burner, fire, surround or chimney. These become VERY hot when in use. The inlets inside the tub also become very hot and care needs to be taken around them.
- Use the safety gloves provided in the fire pit box when opening the wood burners door, adding logs or tending to the fire.
- Do not attempt to open the door without the gloves.
- Check the temperature of the water carefully prior to entering the water and throughout your time in the tub.
- Do not stay in the water if the temperature rises above 39 degrees or if you don’t feel comfortable. Coldwater can be added at any time.
- DO NOT light the fire until water is fully covering the top hole in the tub.
- Always ensure water is covering the top hole inside the tub, including when you have finished using it.
- DO NOT empty the water out of the tub under any circumstances. This will cause damage to the wood burner.
- Once the hot tub has been filled with water please do not use after 5 hours. We will empty the water and clean the hot tub once a day ready for you to use it again the following evening. Cleaning usually takes place between 11 am and 3 pm unless you arrange otherwise with us.
For your information – the process from filling the tub and lighting the fire through to the tub being ready to use takes approximately 1.5 to 3 hours.
THE UTILITY CABIN ~
There is a vacuum cleaner and extra cleaning equipment available, should you require it during your stay.
An iron and ironing board are also available in the Utility Cabin.
There is a range of games, books, cd’s records etc for guests use.
Due to Covid 19 Rules and regulations please speak to us to arrange use of any of these.
BBQ HUT RULES ~
UNAVAILABLE DURING COVID 19 PANDEMIC
The BBQ Hut can be reserved at time of booking or whilst your holiday is in progress (if not already booked by other guests).
A ‘BBQ kit’ including local produce, meat, veg options, salads etc can be ordered in advance (48 hours’ notice) subject to availability.
Children and animals must not be left alone in the BBQ Hut at any time, even if the BBQ is unlit. Please note this is not a children’s play hut.
Please follow guidelines for lighting the BBQ positioned on the wall of the hut. The BBQ Hut must be left clean and tidy after use. When cold, the ash should be deposited in the container in the Utility area. The plates/cutlery etc should be washed in the sink in the Utility Cabin and returned to the shelves.
Any spillages/damage to the BBQ Hut should be reported immediately.
British National Holidays ~
National Holidays, together with Halloween etc are celebrated at Let’s Glamp Retro and LodgePods are likely to be decorated accordingly (if Covid regulations allow). If you would prefer your pod not to be decorated in any way, please let us know before your arrival day.
If you have read this list of T’s & C’s, congratulations! Let us know by sending us a message and you will receive a free welcome gift on arrival! Please quote IREADTHET&C.
Many thanks for taking the time to read our T’s & C’s!